Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IN THE WORDS OF JOHNNY CASH....I GOT STRIPES

So I put some stripes on my "hallway" walls and I like it a lot.  I started late on Sunday and put the painters tape in the appropriate positions (not easy without a level to use and a long weekend of too much fun under my belt).   I measured the wall height from the top of the floor moldings to the ceiling.  I knew I wanted wide stripes and wanted to maintain more of the lighter wall color ( i.e. have one more of the lighter stripe) so I took the height and then divided by 10 (5 stripes x 2).  I then measured starting from the top and marked my way down and then got to taping. 

I will say I am pretty pleased with the results, there are some spots I need to touch up because when you have old plaster walls you quickly find they are not perfectly flat... there is a lot of variation, but that's what you get when you live in an old house... lots of variation. :)




The blue tape in the middle is to ensure I didn't completely eff it up and paint the wrong stripe.  I would recommend it if anyone is thinking about doing this in their home. 


The picture isn't great lighting but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment