Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back home

Sorry for the absence, I went home to Delaware for a long weekend.  It was so nice to see some of my family and friends while there.  It is definitely difficult to live so far away from so many of them.  So needless to say my absence at home didn't allow any projects to share with you all but I thought I would share some photos of my cousin Ashley's home. 

She and her husband purchased it about a year and half ago and have done some serious remodeling.  The home was built back in 1767 and hadn't been updated much since the 1960s.  They have done an amazing job at making it a young, modern space while maintaining the integrity of the home's history and style.  Sorry that the pics aren't great, like I said before, I'm no photographer and I used my phone to get these shots.  

I'm in love with this bar cart, her Dad picked this up for them.

This built-in is a perfect way to showcase their beautiful china.  And the cabinet pulls are awesome sauce.

 The coral theme re-appears at the dining table, it makes a room feel more cohesive with repetition of colors and objects.  Her Nana re-upholstered the chair in the corner.  This woman is amazing, it looks professionally done and she hasn't had any kind of formal training.  Completely self taught and unbelievable.

 This gallery wall makes use of the space leading up the stairs to their bedroom.

 The kitchen got a complete overhaul and they did a great job.  I love the subway tile back splash and the decorative elements.  The space is not huge but has such an impact because of the attention to detail.  Her Nana made the curtains too.  Again, that woman is AMAZING.


No comments:

Post a Comment