Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rope

So, I love the use of unexpected things in home design.  I think it adds character and whimsy to a space when you use something that serves a different purpose all together as a home decor enhancement.  I've been noticing the use of rope in a lot of designs lately in multiple ways and I like it a lot.  It adds a natural look and added texture to any space.  You just have to be careful not to get to kitschy with it. What other unexpected objects to you all like to use in design?

First, I love this mirror and I love how they used a natural fiber rope to hang it.  It mixes well with mid-century furnishings and standout lamp.
rope

How cute is this, I love when kitchens are also thought about in design.
rope.

Now, this probably wouldn't be for everyone and wouldn't suit every home but it works here and is completely unexpected.
rope.

Love this for a table center piece, this would be adorable for a beach wedding.
rope

These things are everywhere now and are the perfect way to inject some texture into a space.
Rope

This is probably my favorite, I love the mix of the rope in the beautiful glass jars on the chippy wood table and nautical pic in the background.
bowl of rope with other beach-related stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment