Monday, July 16, 2012

The streets of Baltimore...

Sorry for the MIA status as of late.  I spent a long weekend up in Baltimore and before that suffered with a bout of vertigo.  It was the first time I have ever had vertigo, it lasted about a week and it was zero fun.  If anyone out there as had it, you know it makes day to day activity very difficult.  Well, any who I was feeling well enough last weekend to make a journey up to Baltimore and enjoy the city.  We watched two baseball games at Camden Yards (the whole reason we were there, Paul is a huge Detroit Tigers fan) and well Baltimore is a heck of a lot closer than Detroit.  

We stayed at the Tremont Plaza and it was great.  Great location, easy access parking, and a wonderfully comfortable bed that made it very difficult to motivate myself in the morning to get out of it.  We spent our days wandering the streets, taking in the "touristy" sites of the inner harbor, making a couple of trips to the Fell's Point neighborhood (highly recommend) and obviously made our way to the stadium.  

We had a great time, I love being in a big city and the people of Baltimore are fantastic.  


The view from our hotel room on the 37th floor, thank goodness for vertigo medicine.

Inner Harbor

Dragon spotting at the inner harbor

The ballpark prior to game time

Elvis watched over me while we at a delicious breakfast at Blue Moon Cafe.  

We heard about this place on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives and it did not disappoint.  The wait was long, but that's to be expected on a Saturday morning, the service was fantastic and the food was delicious.  They are known for their cinnamon rolls and Captain Crunch French toast.  I didn't get either because I had already eaten a delicious almond pastry at the Eastern European Bakery down the street so I thought it was best to not make my second breakfast of the day a sugary one.  So I was oh so responsible and got an Italian omelet. :)  All in all it was a wonderful mini-vacation and I thoroughly enjoy the people and places in Baltimore.  


1 comment: