Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cushions are getting covered folks

Covering cushions on a bench or chair is a fairly simple thing to do and can make a huge impact to a space.  I recently had a friend ask if I could re-cover the cushions she had on her chairs at her kitchen table and I was happy to oblige.  All you need is:

Quality scissors (to best insure a straight line and limited fraying)
Staple Gun
Staples (obviously but thought I would share)
Fabric of your choice & cushions

Outdoor fabric is great because it's extra durable and for a space like a kitchen table it will get it's usage.  Also, i recommend treating it with a scotch guard or similar treatment to help keep stains at bay.

Here's some pics to walk you through.  Enjoy!!!

 Step 1: Cut fabric to correct size, I like at least  2 inches excess on each side to assure the space to pull it tight enough.

Step 2:  Begin by stapling in the middle of the side you start on and I move from either side after to ensure it stays centered.

Step 3:  Repeat on all four sides and corners.

Step 4:  Once complete, trim off the excessive fabric, hammer in any staples if needed and voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment