Tuesday, October 2, 2012

thrifting in Richmond part 1

So as I mentioned, I spent last weekend in Richmond.  While there, my Aunt Jean took us around to a couple of her favorite thrift stores.  Let me tell you, if I had a bigger home and bank account I would have gone to town.  They had so much great stuff and the prices were fantastic.  Often times around here, any thrift store you go to is extremely over priced to help pay the rents.  Here are a few snap shots of some of the things I could have easily taken home.


This is the spot, Class & Trash.  Next time you are in the Richmond area, it's definitely worth the trip.



 I love old doors, and this place had a plethora of old doors and windows.  Perfect for adding character to a new home or rehabbing an older one.
My aunt and I both fell in love with this table.  It was in great condition and had a great Greek key pattern (sort of hard to tell in the photo), but alas the space issue won out.

They had two of these garden stools and I looooved them, so great and would be perfect in a space like this one.

All of these containers would be great for planting orchids or succulents and great grouped together.

This bar cart was awesome, needed a paint job but would have been perfect.


It's hard to tell but this couch was awesome, super long & great structure.  It would look great with some white or grey linen fabric rather than the kaleidoscope of colors here.


These beakers would be great little bud jars grouped together on a mantle.





No comments:

Post a Comment